Installation Area Preperation
A question that we are often asked is “How do I prepare the wall surfaces in the area that the wall panels are going to be installed”
IMPORTANT! Before you start:
An often neglected, yet vital component to any successful splashback or shower panel installation is the surface preparation.
Before gluing the panels in place, all wall surfaces must be flat and clean, removing any loose surface material or dust. Next all surfaces must be primed and sealed with a PVA solution prior to installation .
If you have any questions,
please feel free to Contact Us
Here is a detailed installation guide for all of our main product ranges: See the Installation Guide
If you have any issues with your order, please email or call us straight away. We will do our best to help: Contact Us
Unless goods are faulty or damaged, returns can only be accepted in exceptional circumstances.
To help reduce errors we offer (free of charge) measuring guides, installation guides and video product demos throughout this site.
Also, for a low cost you can order colour and acrylic material samples in all the colours here: Acrylic & Perspex Colour Samples
You can read the detailed policy here: Delivery & Returns information
Quick Reference Guide For Dispatch Times & Delivery Costs
- Colour Samples (up to 10) dispatched by First Class post same working day if order is received before 12 noon. Cost: FREE
- Fixing Kits, same day dispatch if ordered separately. Cost: From £4.00 depending on destination
- Perspex™ orders are dispatched within 5 working days and delivered by 24 hour courier. Cost: From £7.99 depending on size & destination.
- Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ & Ultra-Gloss™ orders are dispatched within 14 working days and delivered by 24 hour courier. Cost: From £7.99 depending on size & destination.
- Glass Splashback orders are dispatched within 21 working days and delivered by 24 hour courier. Cost: From £7.99 depending on size & destination.
- Actual delivery costs will be calculated during checkout.
You can find a full description of delivery costs and dispatch times here: Delivery & Returns Information
Dispatch times vary depending on the order, however these are the delivery rates (If your requirements fall outside this table, please call us):
|UK Mainland||Free||£7.99||£16.66||30.00||Call Us|
|Scottish Highlands||Free||£20.00||£25.00||48.00||Call Us|
|Republic Of Ireland||Free||£135.00||£135.00||148.00||Call Us|
|Northern Ireland||Free||£135.00||£135.00||148.00||Call Us|
|Channel Islands||Free||£35.00||£35.00||48.00||Call Us|
|Isle Of Wight||Free||£35.00||£35.00||48.00||Call Us|
|Isle Of Man||Free||£35.00||£35.00||48.00||Call Us|
For us, customer service is paramount, so – Yes, we are more than happy to help you place your order. Just call us during our opening times and we will help.
Telephone: 023 9309 2583
Monday – Friday 09.00 to 18.00, Weekends 09.00 – 18.00
Please note: Telephone & email support only after 5.00pm & at weekends
Both private householders and commercial organisations order from this site. To help both and facilitate a clear understanding of what the actual costs will be, we show prices including & excluding VAT together, both clearly labelled.
The left hand price (usually in bold) shows the price excluding VAT, and the right hand price includes VAT.
Yes, we can make the acrylic panels to your specific requirements.
When placing your orders simply enter your measurements into the Width & Height boxes, then add on the amount of extra cut-out areas etc that you will require. You will get an instant cost calculation shown to you on the page.
After checkout you will be given the opportunity to upload a diagram of your project. This will include the extra positioning measurements that we will need to make the panel(s) to your requirements.
Just let us know what you need. You can even call us as you go through the online ordering and checkout process and we will help you though it.
We have specialists on hand who are glad to help you decide on the best acrylic for your needs.
Our help is free of course and you can contact us here:
Telephone: 023 9309 2583
Monday – Thursday 09.00 to 17.00, Friday 09.00 – 14.30
We have many decades of experience between us and our advice will be designed to help you solve your challenge as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
- Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ has 15x the impact strength of glass and is only half the weight.
- This makes Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ economical to ship and store and is easier to handle during installation.
- Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ can also be cut, drilled and fabricated on-site with standard wood working tools.
- Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ has a unique hard & invisible coating on the exposed surface, making it more scratch resistant than glass.
- Also Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ is more cost effective than glass.
- Compared to tiling takes about a third of the time to install largely because there is no need for grouting.
- Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ is also optically pure, unlike glass which very often has a green tint which affects the colour.
Ultra Gloss Acrylic™ & Perspex™ are easy to clean using warm soapy water and a micro fiber cloth, chamois, or squeegee.
The Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™ panels have a protective coating on the exposed surface making it very resistant to low level scratches.
Avoid using abrasive materials against the panels
Panel sizes & Uses
- All panels can be cut to size to your specific requirements. You can add the details when ordering, also there is an ‘Upload’ facility immediately after Checkout for any diagrams that you may wish to send us.
- Shower Panels can be ordered in standard tray widths by 2000mm or 2500mm high as well as custom sizes.
- For sections that pass immediately behind Gas Hobs you need to order the Low Iron Glass Splashbacks (not necessary for induction or electric hobs)
|Materials||Panel Thickness||Min/Max Short Side||Min/Max Long Side||Kitchens||Bathrooms||Behind Gas Hobs||Hard Coated|
|Ultra Gloss Hard Coated Acrylic™||5mm||100mm – 1200mm||100mm – 3000mm||yes||yes||no||Yes|
|Ultra Gloss Acrylic™||3mm / 5mm||100mm – 1200mm||100mm – 3000mm||yes||yes||no||Uncoated|
|Perspex™||3mm / 5mm||100mm – 2000mm||100mm – 3000mm||yes||yes||no||Uncoated|
|Glass Splashbacks||6mm||100mm – 2000mm||100mm – 3000mm||yes||yes||yes||Uncoated|
How do I edge or join the Acrylic panels
Option 1: Edges can be sanded and polished, and joints sealed with neutral (transparent) cure silicone (leaving a 4mm gap between all joints). It is suggested that you can paint the wall a colour similar to your acrylic panels immediately behind where the silicone will be. This enables the join area to take on more of the colour of the panels.
Option 2: Edges can be fitted with any available edge profiles that are designed to take the correct thickness of panel..